Welcome to thelearners.online. Today, we have provided an essay on Independence Day. I hope that this short paragraph on Independence Day helps you in your school examinations.
Independence Day is celebrated in India every year on the 15th of August with immense joy and happiness. India became independent from British rule on 15th August 1947. Since then, this day is celebrated as a national holiday.
India was under British rule for about 200 years. Great freedom fighters like Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Lokmanya Tilak, Bhagat Singh, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose devoted their entire life to the freedom of our country.
Today, we are living freely in our country because of their sacrifices. Independence day ceremony is organised every year at the Red fort in Delhi on 15th August. On this day, our Prime Minister unfurls the national flag at this place early in the morning. A lot of citizens participate in this ceremony. Every year, this day makes us remember the struggles for freedom.
For all essays and paragraphs, click https://thelearners.online/category/essay-writing/
This day is celebrated all over the country in schools, colleges, educational institutes etc. After the National Flag is unfurled by the Chief guest, the National anthem is sung by all the citizens in the ceremony. This day makes every citizen of this country remember that he is a citizen of India and should respect his nation.
10 lines on Independence Day For Children
- We celebrate Independence Day on 15th August every year.
- On 15 August 1947, India achieved independence from British rule.
- This day is celebrated as a national festival in India.
- This day makes us remember the struggles of our freedom fighters for our country.
- On this day, the Prime Minister hosts our national flag at the Red fort in Delhi.
- Prime Minister delivers his speech to the citizens of India on this special occasion.
- People decorate their homes, roads, schools and markets with the Indian national flag to show their patriotism.
- This day teaches us about the power of unity.
- Independence Day is one of the greatest festivals of democracy.
- We should respect our nation.
I hope that this short essay on Independence Day would have helped you.